Big Data Architect at Systems Limited plots a new holistic data architecture to transform the enterprise data environments into a highly valued business asset supporting the dynamic data science and analytics needs of the future, using appropriate data platforms and technologies.
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Partner with peer architects, design and engineering Information Management teams
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop our NoSQL architecture.
- Implement business and IT vision through generation of new architecture strategy to span all data platforms.
- Devise as-is, to-be and interim big data platform architecture to support client’s data needs and platform/data integration transformation.
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Anticipates and handles technology evolution and relates it to business solutions.
- Sets direction based on alignment to business and overall technology standards.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around security and compliance.
- Provide tools that enable development teams to rapidly build databases that enable them to deploy software that is consistent with the broader architectural vision.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Promote the company's technology brand through creative thinking, and constantly raising the bar of what's possible.
- Mentor associate engineers, architects and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
- BSCS or equivalent; Masters in Data Sciences is preferred.
- Experience in requirements engineering, solution architecture, design, development and deployment.
- 8+ years of technical solutions experience including 5+ years of in a combination of relevant Big Data/Analytics areas including:
- Experience building applications on one of the leading cloud providers – Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Build real-time data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, Storm, Flume, and similar stacks on leading cloud platforms.
- Extensive experience using Java, Python, Ruby, R, Scala, Pig & Hive.
- Experience with major big data technologies and frameworks including but not limited to Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, Sqoop and Cassandra.
- Experience in client-driven large-scale implementation projects.
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis & troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in creating the requirements analysis, the platform selection, design of the technical architecture, design of the application design and development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution(s).
- Good experience in working with ETL/Ingestion tools such as SSIS, Informatica Talend, Pentaho and NiFi.
- Working knowledge on NoSQL platforms.
- Must be able to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms.
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture.
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions.
- Understanding and experience with data security and privacy concerns.
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
Submit your resume here or email your resume at email@example.com with the subject “Big Data Architect”